Welcome to Xu lab!
Graduate Research Assistant position is available for highly self-motivated student. Please contact Dr. Xu (email@example.com) for detailed information.
- Our patent application, Nanoparticles for cytoplasmic drug delivery to cancer cells, has been approved by the US Patent and Trademark Office. The issued patent number is 8,945,629. (02/03/2015)
- "Dual secured nano-melittin for safe and effective eradicating cancer cells" by Bei and Bindu is accepted for publication in Journal of Materials Chemistry B. (10/28/14)
- According to Google Scholar, Dr. Xu's publications have been cited 1000 times. (10/25/14)
- Congratulations to Bei! She won the best oral presentation award (3rd place) in the DDBS Graduate Symposium. (10/23/2014)
- Congratulations to Huacheng! He won one of the best abstract awards in the NanoDDS 2014 and gave a short presentation in the Symposium. (10/06/2014)
- Our patent application, Dual Secured Therapeutic Peptide Delivery System, has been approved by the US Patent and Trademark Office. The issued patent number is 8,809,277. Congratulations to Bei and Bindu! (08/19/14)
- "Triple-responsive Expansile Nanogel for Tumor and Mitochondria Targeted Photosensitizer Delivery" by Huacheng and Tu is accepted for publication in Biomaterials. (08/01/14)
- Congratulations to Jason! He receives Science Undergraduate Research Fellowship (SURF) from South Carolina Honors College. (05/14/14)
- "Redox Potential Ultrasensitive Nanoparticle for Targeted Camptothecin Delivery to HER2-Positive Cancer Cells" by Remant and Bei is accepted for publication in Molecular Pharmaceutics. (04/29/14)
- Congratulations to Bei! She receives SPARC (Support to Promote Advancement of Research and Creativity) Graduate Fellowship from the Office of the Vice President for Research of USC. (01/13/14)
- Our book chapter "Natural cationic polymers for gene delivery" is accepted for publication in the ebook Advances and Challenges in Delivery of Nucleic Acid Therapeutics by Future Science Group . (12/19/13)
- Congratulations to Huacheng! He receives SPARC (Support to Promote Advancement of Research and Creativity) Graduate Fellowship from the Office of the Vice President for Research of USC. (04/09/13)
- Congratulations to Dr. Xu! He receives the American Cancer Society Institutional Research Grant (ACS-IRG) from The University of South Carolina South Carolina College of Pharmacy. (02/19/13)
- "A DNA prime-protein boost vaccination strategy targeting turkey coronavirus spike protein fragment containing neutralizing epitope against infectious challenge" is accepted for publication in Veterinary Immunology and Immunopathology. (02/08/13)
- Congratulations to Dr. Xu! He was named as a USC Breakthrough Rising Star of 2013. (01/15/13)
- Congratulations to Benjamin! Our group has been awarded funding through the Magellan Scholar Program to support BENJAMIN BRUMMEL's undergradute research. (12/10/12)
- Our paper recently published in Molecular Pharmaceutics, (2012) 9 (9), 2719-2729, "pH and redox dual responsive nanoparticle for nuclear targeted drug delivery", was listed among the top 10 Most Read Articles published in this journal over one month period (10/29/12)
- "Droplet Sorting Based on the Number of Encapsulated Particles Using a Solenoid Valve" , a study at Virginia Tech that Huacheng and Peisheng participated in as co-authors, is accepted for publication in Lab on a Chip (10/15/12)
- "Multicompartment Intracellular Self-Expanding Nanogel for Targeted Delivery of Drug Cocktail" by Remant is accepted for publication in Advanced Materials (09/03/12)
- "pH and Redox Dual Responsive Nanoparticle for Nuclear Targeted Drug Delivery" by Remant and Bindu is accepted for publication in Molecular Pharmaceutics (08/09/12)
- Congratulations! Bei Cheng receives travel grant from The University of South Carolina in supporting her travel to the ACS 244th National Meeting in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, August 19-23, 2012, (06/18/12)
- "Design of Serum Compatible Tetrary Complexes for Gene Delivery " is accepted for publication in Macromolecular Bioscience. (02/13/12)
- Dr. Xu receives the AACP New Investigator Award. (01/05/12)
- "Chemical Transfection of Cells in Picoliter Aqueous Droplets in Fluorocarbon Oil" is accepted for publication in Analytical Chemistry. (10/09/11)
- Dr. Xu chaired the Targeted Drug Delivery Systems and Transdermal Drug Delivery Systems sessions at the International Conference on Pharmaceutics & Novel Drug Delivery Systems 7-8 June, Las Vegas,USA. (06/11/11)
- Dr. Xu has been invited to be a member of the editorial board of the Journal of" Pharmaceutica Analytica Acta". (03/31/11)
- "Charge-reversal polyamidoamine dendrimer for cascade nuclear drug delivery" is accepted for publication in Nanomedicine. (10/07/10)
- "Zwitterionic chitosan derivatives for pH-sensitive stealth coating" is accepted for publication in Biomacromolecules. (7/26/10)
- Dr. Renjith P. Johnson from Pusan National University, Korea, joins the lab on May 4th, 2015 as a post-doctoral associate. Welcome aboard!
- Dr. Eleni Markoutsa from the University of Patras, Greece, joins the lab on October 16th, 2014 as a post-doctoral associate. Welcome aboard!
- Julie Finnell from the Intergrated Biomedical Science PhD Program joins the lab for summer lab rotation. Welcome!
- Mitchell Mills from South Carolina Governor's School joins the lab (SPRI, Summer, 2014). Welcome!
- Yi Zhong from Zhejiang University, (Hangzhou, China) joins the lab (Summer exchange student, 2013). Welcome!
- Emily Hattaway from South Carolina Governor's School joins the lab (SPRI, Summer, 2013). Welcome!
- Jason C. Eckert from South Carolina Governor's School joins the lab (SPRI, Summer, 2012). Welcome!
- Bei Cheng from Wuhan University, China, joins the lab on August 12th, 2011 as a graduate student. Welcome!
- Huacheng He from Zhejiang University, China, joins the lab on August 10th, 2011 as a graduate student. Welcome!
- Dr. Remant Bahadur K.C. from Chonbuk National University, Korea, joins the lab on December 1st, 2010 as a post-doctoral associate. Welcome aboard!
- Jittima Luckanagul (BMS) joins the lab for rotation training. Welcome!
Peisheng Xu, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Pharmaceutics
Department of Drug Discovery and Biomedical Sciences
South Carolina College of Pharmacy
University of South Carolina
715 Sumter St, 609A
Columbia, SC, 29208