User:Timothy G. Johnstone
- Timothy G. Johnstone
- Giraldez Lab, Yale University
I hold a B.S. in Computational Biology from Brown University (2008-2012), where I led the CYRENE cis-regulatory annotation team in the lab of Sorin Istrail. My undergraduate research focused on transcriptional regulation, synthetic biology (iGEM), and gene regulatory networks. I entered the BBS graduate program at Yale University in 2012 and joined the Giraldez Lab in May 2013, where I am investigating translation and translational regulation during zebrafish development using a combination of molecular, genetic, and computational biology approaches. My ongoing goal is to supplement biological knowledge and practice with an understanding of the complex informatics required to reach conclusions at a higher level. When I’m not doing research, I enjoy bicycling, backpacking, digital music/art, cooking, and DIY electronics.
- 2012, BS Computational Biology, Brown University
- 2018 (expected), Ph.D. Genetics, Yale University
Genetics, Computational Biology, Molecular Biology, Gene Regulation, Translational Control
- Vartanian K, Slottke R, Johnstone T, Casale A, Planck SR, Choi D, Smith JR, Rosenbaum JT, and Harrington CA. . pmid:19123946.
- Bazzini AA, Johnstone TG, Christiano R, Mackowiak SD, Obermayer B, Fleming ES, Vejnar CE, Lee MT, Rajewsky N, Walther TC, and Giraldez AJ. . pmid:24705786.