- Education: University of Maryland: Baltimore County (UMBC)
- Status: Undergraduate Senior
- Major: B.S Chemical and Biochemical Engineer
- Minor: Mathematics
- Leadership roles:
- Treasurer for UMBC Taiwanese Student Association (2007 - present)
- President and Webmaster for UMBC American Insitute of Chemical Engineer (AIChE) (2006-present) ***[UMBC AIChE Chapter Website]
- CAST research and objective
- Wiki admin Web developer for CAST
- Research associate and lab assistance
- QBP and GBP extraction/purification/labeling
- Develop PBP, QBP and GBP mutants by genetic engineering and molecular biology techniques
- Construction of lipid membrane receptor of mglAC of the ATPase Binding Cassette
- American Insitute of Chemical Engineer (AIChE): Student [2006-present]
- Biomedical Engineering Society(BMES) 
Relevant Research Experience
Undergraduate Research Assistant
Center for Advanced Sensor Technology, Baltimore, MD
9/2002 - 8/2007
• Researched and developed dye-labeling protein modeling program using bioinformatics tool and computer software.
• Participated on a team coordinating the creation of a dual-sensor on glutamine binding protein and glucose binding protein.
• Conducted the release of periplasmic proteins and labeling Thiol-reactive probes.
• Researched on a binding protein biosensor focused on glucose binding proteins and on phosphate binding proteins.
Sigma Tau Fellowship Program: Research Intern
FDA Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition, College Park, MD
6/2002 – 8/2002
• Research project on Marine Vibrios using Pulse Field Gel Electrophoresis (PFGE) and mircoarray technology
• Exposed to biolevel facility 1, 2, and 3 & attended biosafety seminar
• Extraction of antibody from rabbit’s blood had been conducted in biolevel facility 3
Thomas Hsu, Leah Tolosa, PhD. (2006). “Calculation of Dye-labeled Protein Structure by Biological Computational Modeling for Fluorescent Biosensor Design.” The 10th annual Undergraduate Research and Creative Achievement Day at Albin O. Kuhn Library April 27, 2006.
Thomas C. Hsu, Govind Rao and Leah Tolosa (2005). “Recombinant Membrane-Bound Receptors as Novel Biosensors.” A symposium presented at the 9th annual Undergraduate Research and Creative Achievement Day at Albin O. Kuhn Library April 27, 2005.
Thomas C. Hsu. Govind Rao and Leah Tolosa (2004). “Phosphate Ion Sensing for Biological Studies in ATPase Studies.” A symposium presented at the 8th annual Undergraduate Research and Creative Achievement Day at Albin O. Kuhn Library April 28, 2004.
Thomas Hsu. “Pulse-Field Gel Electrophoresis (PFGE) and Micro-Array Analysis.” A Power Point presentation at the CFSAN, FDA on Marine Vibrios. August 1, 2002.