- Sunny Sharma
- Institute of Molecular Biosciences, Max-von-Laue Strasse-9, Campus Riedberg, Goethe University
- Frankfurt am Main, Hesse, Germany.
- Email me through OpenWetWare
Research Associate at Goethe University, Frankfurt am Main.
- Research Associate at Institute of Molecular Biosciences, Goethe University, Frankfurt am Main, Germany 
- 2014, PhD (Biology), Goethe University, Frankfurt am Main, Germany 
- 2007, MS (Molecular Biology & Biochemistry), Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar, India 
- 2005, BS, Bangalore University, Bangalore, India 
EMBO (European Molecular Biology Organisation) Long Term Fellowship. (2014-2016)
DAAD (Deutsche Akademische Austauschdienst) PhD scholarship (2010 - 2013) 
CEF (Excellence Cluster-Frankfurt am Main) PhD fellowship (2009 - 2010) 
ICMR (Indian Council of Medical Research) Junior Research Fellowship (2009 - 2010) 
- Ribosome Biogenesis
- RNA modifications
1) Methylation of ribosomal RNA by NSUN5 is a conserved mechanism modulating organismal lifespan.
2) Absolute and relative quantification of RNA modifications via biosynthetic isotopomers.
3) Partial methylation at Am100 in 18S rRNA of baker´s yeast shows ribosome heterogeneity on the level of eukaryotic rRNA modification. Plos One 
4) Identification of novel methyltransferases, Bmt5 and Bmt6, responsible for the m3U methylations of 25S rRNA in Saccharomyces cerevisiae.
5) Yeast Nop2 and Rcm1 methylate C2870 and C2278 of the 25S rRNA, respectively.
6) Identification of a novel methyltransferase, Bmt2, responsible for the N-1-methyl-adenosine base modification of 25S rRNA in Saccharomyces cerevisiae.
7) Yeast Rrp8p, a novel methyltransferase responsible for m1A 645 base modification of 25S rRNA.
8) Association of P2X7 receptor +1513 (A-->C) polymorphism with tuberculosis in a Punjabi population.
- Seminar at RNA club, 16th October 2013 
- Plenary talk at Yeast Meeting, Frankfurt 2013 
- Poster presentation at 18th Annual RNA meeting of the RNA society, Davos, Switzerland 
- Seminar at RNA club, 26th September 2012 
- Poster presentation at 9th International Conference on Ribosome Synthesis, Banff, Canada