Part A: Preparing Dilutions for UV-Vis Measurements
- Centrifuge 6 solutions containing varying amounts of R6G prepared on 03/27/2013 for 5 minutes at 11200rpm 3 times.
- Prepare stock solutions for comprison (10μL, 15μL, 20μL, 25μL, 30μL and 35μL in 1.5 ml phosphate buffer)
- UV-Vis measurements of stock solutions and supernatants were taken
Part B: Observing pH changes
- Separate crystal violet containing hydrogels into two epi-test tubes, labelled as A & B.(app 1mg in each)
- Add 1mL of 1M HCl to one epi test tube A and 1mL NaOH to epitest tube B.
3) Centrifuge for 2 min at 11200rpm.
4) Take UV-Vis of supernatants
Part C: Prepare hydrogels with further pH analysis
- 0.5mg samples of PVOH hydrogels containing no lecithin and no dye was added in to 3 seperate epi test tubes with 1.5 mL phosphate buffer.