- Continue experiment conducted on October 25th, 2011.
- Determine whether or not proteins' fibers form in the absence of gold.
- Perform synthesis of purple protein fibers using BSA, HAuCl4 and H2O .
1. Coomassie Blue stain was removed.
2. The destaining solution was added to the gel.
3. The gel was left on the shaker
- Conjugate Gold Nanoparticle Synthesis
1. In Tube 1, 1 mL BSA (15 uM) , 2 mL HAuCl4 (0.75 mM), and 7 mL H2O were added to produce a HAuCl4 to BSA molar ratio 100.
2. In Tube 2, only 1 mL BSA (15 uM) and 9 mL H2O were added.
3. The two Tubes were placed in the 80°C oven and the following procedure was executed.
- After 30 minutes, the tubes were left outside for 10 minutes.
- Following 10 minutes the Tubes were placed back into the 80°C oven and the cycle was repeated for a period of 2 hours.
As seen in the image below, the protein was successfully isolated, however, purification was not completely successful.
- Synthesis of Conjugated Gold Nanoparticles
In Tube 1, Grey fibers formed.
In Tube 2, The solution was clear and transparent.
This area is for any observations or conclusions that you would like to note.
Use categories like tags. Change the "Course" category to the one corresponding to your course. The "Miscellaneous" tag can be used for particular experiments, as instructed by your professor. Please be sure to change or delete this tag as required so that the categories remain well organized.