Creating Samples of 10% and 20% ZIF-8 in ABS
- To begin, 12.0011 g of ABS was added to the compounder at 195°C and 80 RPM.
- 8.85785 g was extruded.
- 1.2008 g ZIF-8 and 7.6681 g ABS were added.
- 0.02529 g unmelted ABS was removed.
- 7.71074 g of 10.018% ZIF-8/ABS was extruded and collected.
- To the remaining 4.276 g material in the extruder, 1.9763 g ZIF-8 and 5.7505 g ABS were added.
- 8.75301 g of 20.028% ZIF-8/ABS was extruded and collected.
- Significant discoloration was observed in the resulting composite material. It was also noted that smoke was produced during the mixing process. This could be indicative of oxidation. Future ZIF-8 containing compounds should be made under nitrogen.