- Express ADA with E. Coli
- Analyze 60-170 [Au/BSA] samples prepared yesterday via atomic absorbance spectroscopy to determine concentration of AuNPs in solution
Starter and Expression Culturess
- The Expression Culture and Starter Culture procedures were followed with the same modifications as on 9/18. These cultures are to be used to grow more E. Coli, this time with a plasmid coding for mutated Adenosine Deaminase (ADA)
- Samples of Au/BSA made last week were analyzed by Atomic Absorbtion Spectroscopy.
- Before they were analyzed, solutions were centrifuged at 3000 rpm at 10°C for 5 min and fluid was separated from fibers. This is because the fibers would clog the instrument's tubing.
- Between samples, water was run in order to clear residue.
- Our AA spectra is very similar to the one obtained 9/4 for 60-170 [Au/BSA]. Both show a drop to near-zero at 128, after an increase. This time the value at 100 is near-zero, which defies the trend and the previous results and may possibly be due to experimental error.