DNA nanostructure reaction PCR
- order of lanes: 1) 1kb ladder, 2) full rxn (oligos + scaffold), 3) just scaffold, 4) just oligos
- run on 2% agarose gel
- appears that reaction was successful: gel image (leftmost four lanes) shows expected results
- assembled nanostructure runs slightly faster than scaffold, oligos appear as a smear of short DNAs
Transformation of standard components
- results of plated bacteria: all three plates showed colony growth, negative control did not
- colony selection and amplification
- Seven culture tubes were filled with 5 mL LB medium and 50 μl of 5 mg/mL ampicillin
- Colonies were selected from the three plates (three from R0010, two from E7104, two from E0241) and were transferred into respective culture tubes with a sterilized pick
- Culture tubes were incubated, with shaking, at 37°C for 18 h.
- Plates were stored at 4°C.