DNA nanostructure reaction PCR
- standard protocol with materials from Shawn
Transformation of standard components
- goal: insert three BioBrick plasmids (already containing BioBricks) into E. coli in order to amplify them
- a positive control (E7104) with the T7 promoter upstream of GFP
- the lac operon (R0010)
- GFP (E0241)
- transformation protocol:
- 1 μL each of E7104, R0010, E0241, and water into separate microcentrifuge tubes that each contain 30 μL of competent cells
- Incubated the tubes on ice for 20 min.
- Heat shocked the tubes at 42°C for 30 s.
- Added 200 μL SOC to each tube.
- Incubated, with shaking, at 37°C for 1 h.
- Plated the mixture on carbomycin plates and incubated at 37°C for 24 h.