- attempted conductivity of Namt film broke made new one
- salt solutions and tested with uv-vis
Four 10mM stock salt solutions were made
- CuSO4 (Sigma) actual mass in 10mL of water0.0261g
- Aluminum SUlfate (Fisher Scientific Company) 0.06546 g in 10mL of water
- Ferric Sulfate (Bakere and a damson quality standard of purity)
- Sodium sulfate 0.0182 g in 10 ml of water
Na-MT Film Preparation
- A new Na-MT film had to be made, because the when the original film broke again when put into the osmosis apparatus for ion conductivity.
- # 1 g PVOH and 0.1 g Na-MT were dissolved in 7 mL H2O on a heated hot plate.
- Once the PVOH dissolved, 1 mL of glutaraldehyde was added.
- The gel was stirred for 3 minutes and then was poured into a plastic dish and was allowed to evaporate until Friday.
Salt Solution Preparation
- Made 10 mL of 10 mM solutions of Fe2(SO4)3, Al2(SO4)3, CuSO4, and Na2SO4
1 mM·(1/1000) = 0.01 M · 0.1 L = 0.001 mol = 1 x 10-4 mol
Fe2(SO4)3 → 1 x 10-4 mol · 562.00 g/mol = 0.0562 g
Al2(SO4)3 → 1 x 10-4 mol · 654.6 g/mol = 0.06546 g
CuSO4 → 1 x 10-4 mol · 249.68 g/mol = 0.0249 g
Na2SO4 → 1 x 10-4 mol · 142.04 g/mol = 0.14202 g
- Three ratios of porphyrin:salt were tested - 1:1, 1:10, 1:100
1:100 = 990 μL salt + 10 μL porphyrin
1:10 = 900 μL salt + 100 μL porphyrin
1:1 = 500 μL salt + 500 μL porphyrin
- Add data and results here...
This area is for any observations or conclusions that you would like to note.
Use categories like tags. Change the "Course" category to the one corresponding to your course. The "Miscellaneous" tag can be used for particular experiments, as instructed by your professor. Please be sure to change or delete this tag as required so that the categories remain well organized.