Added the calculated amounts of protein to the hydrogels + NHS-azide and plated the bacteria for the QAS test
- 10 mL of phosphate buffer (ph = 7.6) was placed in a vial (repeat 4 times)
- A hydrogel + NHS-azide and a stir bar was added to each vial
- The corresponding amount of protein (see yesterday for calculations) was added to each vial
- The vials were allowed to stir overnight
- Each of the QAS films and a PVOH control were soaked in water and cut into small circles.
- 50 uL of bacteria was plated on each agar plate. Sterile techniques were used
- The film sample was placed on the agar plate
- 5 uL of bacteria was added to each circle/sample
- The plates were placed in the incubator overnight.
No data was collected today
- The QAS films used for testing were being reused from the last bacterial test. Not all the bacteria could be washed away by ethanol.