To make new films using the quaternary ammonium salt and to conduct DSC on additional samples.
- Measure out 1 g of each of the 4 modified PVOH (0.01%, 0.1%, 1%, and 8.89% PVOH)
- Place in beaker with 30 mL water. Dissolve on heat.
- Once dissolved, add 1 mL glutaraldehyde. Allow to stir for 3 minutes
- Pour into plastic dish and allow to evaporate over the weekend.
- The DSC runs prepared last class did not actually run because they were set to external event OFF after each run. We removed the external event off from each run except for the final run and reran the trials
- We also added 5 additional samples for the phenol films.
See Noah's notebook for DSC pan masses []
- Add data and results here...
- Do FTIR on all films on Monday.