To destain the protein gel prepared the previous day and to synthesize gold nanoparticles.
- Two gold nanoparticle synthesis reactions were prepared. Tube 1 contained 1 mL of BSA (0.0015 mM) and 9 mL of H2O. Tube 2 contained 1 mL of BSA (0.0015 mM), 2 mL of HAuCl4 (0.75 mM), and 7 mL of water.
- Both tubes were placed in an oven set to 70°C for 2.5 hours. Every 30 minutes, the tubes were removed from the oven for 10 minutes.
- t = 30 mins - Tubes A and B had bubbles forming in the solution. Tube B had more bubbles than tube A.
- t = 60 mins - Tube A remained unchanged, while Tube B had dark particles beginning to form.
- t = 90 mins - Tube A was clear and Tube B remained unchanged.
- t = 120 mins - Tube A was clear and Tube B remained unchanged.
- t = 150 mins - Tube A was clear and Tube B remained unchanged (dark brain)
This area is for any observations or conclusions that you would like to note.
Use categories like tags. Change the "Course" category to the one corresponding to your course. The "Miscellaneous" tag can be used for particular experiments, as instructed by your professor. Please be sure to change or delete this tag as required so that the categories remain well organized.