- Dive-Into-Python Chapters 2-5
- Functions, Datatypes, List functions, Classes and Objects
- Make glycerol stocks of R0010+E0241
- 100uL 50% glycerol, 100uL liquid media
- DNA Miniprep
- Follow handout; had 2 5mL samples, only used one of them
- Tubes 0.5mL PCR; labeled in blue on top
- Digest for diagnosis
- Xba1 and Pst1
- .5uL Xba1, .5uL Pst1
- 11uL h20
- 2.5uL 10X BSA
- 2.5uL #3 NebBuffer
- 8uL DNA
- Incubate @ 37C for 1h
- Ran DNA on an E-gel. Lane7 in the picture below:
- Further brainstorming on DNA nanostructure design.
- Considered flat-sheet and honeycomb-lattice versions of each of the following structures: cylinder, tetrahedron, cube.
- Eventually decided to go with honeycomb-lattice cylinder since we have already made those.
- Considered multiple ideas for DNA nanotube lids. Measurements and calculations will be posted tomorrow.
- Peng did some research and found that we need to set up some equipment to raise cyanobacteria. And by set up, I mean build. Home Depot road trip on the morrow? Stay tuned!