Immunizations and Public Health
Vaccines are among the most effective prevention tools for communicable diseases; in addition to clean water and sanitation, vaccinations have dramatically changes the course of disease transmission. Immunizations are an incredibly important part of a child's health, and the consequences of an unvaccinated child can be dangerous, or even deadly. Below are some useful links about vaccinations:
- Information on Immunizations from the American Academy of Pediatrics
- Vaccine Safety and adverse events from the CDC (Centers for Disease Control)
- An excellent article in the New England Journal of Medicine by Omer, et al. regarding Immunizations and preventable diseases
- A list of ingredients in vaccines published by the CDC (Centers for Disease Control).
- Addressing Parents’ Concerns: Do Multiple Vaccines Overwhelm or Weaken the Infant’s Immune System? link to the article)