I am a new member of OpenWetWare!
- Abhay Kumar
- Directorate of Groundnut Research (ICAR), Junagadh
- 125, Biotechnology Lab., Post Bag No. 5,
- Directorate of Groundnut Research
- Junagadh, Gujarat, 362001 INDIA
- email: abhayiari[at]gmail.com
I work in the Biotechnology Lab. at Directorate of Groundnut Research. I learned about OpenWetWare from through wikipeadia, and I've joined because To gain knowledge.
- 2007, MSc, National Research Centre on Plant Biotechnology, Indian Agricultural Research Institute, New Delhi
- 2005, BSc, Institute of Agricultural Sciences, Banaras Hindu Univeristy, Varanasi
- Interest 1
- Interest 2
- Interest 3
Sangram K. Lenka, Bikash Lohia, Abhay Kumar, Viswanathan Chinnusamy and Kailash C. Bansal (2009) Genome-wide targeted prediction of ABA responsive genes in rice based on over-represented cis-motif in co-expressed genes. Plant Mol Biol. 2009 Feb;69(3):261-71. Epub 2008 Nov 8.
Abscisic acid (ABA), the popular plant stress hormone, plays a key role in regulation of sub-set of stress responsive genes. These genes respond to ABA through specific transcription factors which bind to cis-regulatory elements present in their promoters. We discovered the ABA Responsive Element (ABRE) core (ACGT) containing CGMCACGTGB motif as over-represented motif among the promoters of ABA responsive co-expressed genes in rice. Targeted gene prediction strategy using this motif led to the identification of 402 protein coding genes potentially regulated by ABA-dependent molecular genetic network. RT-PCR analysis of arbitrarily chosen 45 genes from the predicted 402 genes confirmed 80% accuracy of our prediction. Plant Gene Ontology (GO) analysis of ABA responsive genes showed enrichment of signal transduction and stress related genes among diverse functional categories.