BE UG Board Meeting Minutes
- Welcome and Attendance
- Social Events
- Study break on the 18th - thoughts?
- Average number of people - need to publicize more
- Reminder: Tentative Study breaks on 4/1 (9pm) for the Juniors and April 14th for the sophomores.
- Order less food
- Next Tuesday - March 9
- Cosi sandwiches - around 40 people
- Room: 56-614
- 20.380 is from 10-12, so study break will be 12-1
- Academic Events
- MD panel with Griffith/Isaacson
- Can't agree on a date before Spring Break
- Kevin emailed to ask about after Spring Break, but haven't gotten reply yet
- Food: tentatively Island Hopper
- BE-BMES joint event - March 9th, 7:15 - Kevin will go
- Grad advising event
- April 28? Email Maryelise
- Need around 4 grads, 4 seniors
- Anne has gotten emails from interested grad students - 7:00-9:00?
- Associate Advising
- Some AA's have been in contact, some haven't
- Curriculum Meeting - main topics of discussion
- Kevin asked Grad Board to include undergrads in Industry Seminars
- How to get BE students into non-Merck/Novartis/Amgen companies
- Improve marketing of BE degree, networking opportunities
- Organize a "How to get a job in Industry?" session?
- Industry - Lauffenburger can invite Dr. Noubar Afeyan to speak
- Coordinate with Grad Board, BE-BMES to organize and brainstorm topics
- Next curriculum meeting - BE electives
- Analyze what students should get out of BE electives
- Late April/early May
- BE "Stuff"
- T-shirt orders - Kevin email Ragheb
- Lounge - email sophomores to let them know they have access
- Looking ahead
- BE Career Fair - designed for companies looking for BE students
- BE SB accreditation - do students think we should try to get it?