Tianjin University Synthetic Biology and iGEM Workshops April 2007/
- I think starting at lunchtime the first day, and finishing on lunchtime the second day would be a good plan. This allows those flying in from outside Beijing area (USTC team) to arrive in the morning day 1 and leave in the afternoon of day 2, just 1 night hotel accommodation needed. The afternoon of day 2 could be spent with the Tianjin iGEM team only (as they are hosting).
- (Mon 16th April)
- arrive Beijing early that morning, driven to Tianjin (~1.5 hrs)
- Day 1: With all iGEM China teams (4 teams, ~60 people)
- 13.00 - 13.15: Welcome
- 13.15 - 14.30: Session 1:
- 14.30 - 15.30: break
- 15.30 - 17.00: session 2:
- 17.00 - 19.00: Drinks with industry & biotechs in Beijing area.
- 19.00 - 21.00: Banquet dinner + discussion: ethical responsibility in synthetic biology.
(Tue 17th April)
- Day 2: With all iGEM China teams (4 teams, ~60 people)
- 08.00 - 09.00 Breakfast
- 09.00 - 10.30 Session 3:
- 10.30 - 11.00 Break
- 11.00 - 12.30 Session 4:
- Continue rest of day with Tianjin University iGEM team discussing ideas.
- Leave Tue night or Wed night.
- Session 1: Drew Endy - Synthetic biology and iGEM ("Synthetic Biology, A System for Engineering Biology")
- Session 2: Christina Smolke ("Engineering RNA Devices as Communication and Control Systems")
- Session 3: Drew Endy - Abstraction ("Building A Constructive Culture, The Ethics of Synthetic Biology")
- Session 4: Christina Smolke ("Building an Infrastructure for Metabolic Engineering")
- Please add here a list of potential topics that you would like to see covered at the workshops: