The BioBricks Foundation:Legal
BBF Legal Working Group Mailing List
Join or check out the BBF Legal Working Group's mailing list and archives here!
Draft the BioBricks™ Legal Scheme (January 2008)
- You are free to modify, improve, and use all BioBrick™ parts, in systems with other BioBricks™ parts or non-BioBrick™ genetic material.
- If you release a product, commercially or otherwise, that contains BioBrick™ parts or was produced using BioBrick™ parts, then you must make freely available the information about all BioBrick™ parts used in the product, or in producing the product, both for preexisting BioBrick™ parts and any new or improved BioBrick™ parts. You do not need to release information about any non-BioBrick™ material used in the system.
- By using BioBrick™ parts, you agree to not encumber the use of BioBrick™ parts, individually or in combination, by others.
Samuelson Clinic Materials from March 2008 UCSF Workshop
- Legal Options Backgrounder & Draft BBF Legal Scheme: PDF
- Executive Summary of Findings: PDF
- Slides from March UCSF Workshop: PPT
Proposed BBF LWG Projects
Add any new projects you'd like to see happen here.