Synthetic Biology is
A) the design and construction of new biological parts, devices, and systems, and
B) the re-design of existing, natural biological systems for useful purposes.
- SB4.0, The Fourth International Meeting on Synthetic Biology, Hong Kong University of Science & Technology, 10-12 October 2008
- Summary of the open SYNBIOSAFE e-conference on ethics, safety, security, IPR, governance, and public perception of synthetic biology available for download.
- A Standards and Specifications Workshop in Synthetic Biology was held on April 26-27, 2008 in Seattle, Washington.
- iGEM2007 Results of this year's international Genetically Engineered Machines competition.
- IET Synthetic Biology launches first issue and includes iGEM 2006.
- Synthetic Biology 3.0 Zurich proceedings. Download here.
- BioBricks Foundation first membership drive.
- Synthetic Biology: Caught between Property Rights, the Public Domain, and the Commons
- US HSPD-18. Guidance on openness and international transparency in biodefense work still needed.
This site is hosted on OpenWetWare and can be edited by all members of the Synthetic Biology community.
Making life better, one part at a time.