OpenWetWare:Accounts policy/June Meeting
- Jason R. Kelly:The purpose of this meeting will be to discuss/better clarify the new account policy on OpenWetWare. There are a number of applications back-logged that are on the fence and I'd like to get them cleared up. Additionally, the policy has been relatively informal to date (maybe a good thing), and might be worth clarifying.
- Approve-industry email in UMS
- Reject-view soruce email in UMS
- Flag users for watch list? technically feasible?
- Update the Join page
- Process for blocking users / evaluating pseudoscience / advertising / etc; bring up at SC meeting.
- Policy page thats linked to from block page should be filled out. (just linked to etiquette)
- Update move guidlines onto accounts page
- Institutional Affiliation?
- What about people from companies who want to advertise their product (or their conferences)?
- What about people with no current academic affiliation?
- People who just want access to OWW tools? (e.g. "want to learn how the biblo extension works?")
- Teachers/students from high schools?
- Procedure for blocking people who spam?
- add items...
Wikipedia article on Modifying and Creating policy
Policy pages on OWW
- OpenWetWare:Policy - blank but some auto-generated Mediawiki pages point here so we should probably fill it out.
- OpenWetWare:Accounts policy - examples of denied user requests
- Join - the sign up page has some comments
- Etiquette - general etiquette on the site
Time will be M, 6/18 @ Noon-1pm.