- December 2013: The Developmental Biomechanics Lab is hiring- please see here for the details of the research technician post which is now open for applications. Deadline for applications is January 7th!
- November 2013: A new paper from the Nowlan lab is to be published in the Journal of Anatomy and is currently available on early view- read the paper at the Publications link.
- October 2013: The Lab welcomes MRes students; Susana Ramos and Hannah Thompson, both from the MRes in Biomedical Research. Susana and Hannah will be doing a research project in the lab from October to March 2014.
- September 2013: Welcome back to Vikesh Chandaria, who returns to the Developmental Biomechanics Lab for his PhD!
- September 2013: The Developmental Biomechanics Lab waves goodbye to Pyry and wishes him the best for the third year of his degree.
- September 2013: Mario presented his research in a talk entitled "Mechanobiological Predictions of Fetal Joint Morphogenesis" as part of the Bioengineering 13 conference at the University of Strathclyde, in Glasgow.
- August 2013: The research planned as part of the upcoming ERC Starting Grant was featured in an article in the Irish Times- read the article here. Niamh was also interviewed on Ireland's national radio station (RTE1), as broadcast on Sunday 4th August. Listen to the podcast of the interview here.
- July 2013: Listen to a pdocast in which Niamh describes the research going on in the developmental biomechanics lab on the Imperial College News website here
- July 2013: Niamh has been awarded an ERC Starting Grant, which is worth 1.5 million euro and will last for 5 years. This grant will fund exciting new research into the importance of prenatal movements for normal joint shapes. See the ERC Press release here. Watch this space for studentships and job opprotunities as part of the ERC grant!
- June 2013: Welcome to Pyry Helkkula, who has joined the Developmental Biomechanics Lab as a UROP researcher. Pyry will be working on computational analyses of 3D joint shapes.
- April 2013: Research from our lab was featured on the Imperial College London as part of promotion of the Imperial College Fringe Event, which will take place on the 3rd and 4th May 2013. Read the story here, and drop by the Imperial College Festival on the 3rd or 4th May to meet the researchers involved!
- March 2013: Vikesh sucessfully completed his MRes project in the Developmental Biomechanics lab. Good luck to Vikesh in the second part of his MRes!
- January 2013: Mario and Niamh attended the 2013 Annual Meeting of the Orthopaedic Research Society (ORS), where Mario presented a poster on his research. Mario also presented a talk entitled "Fetal Movements Play an Important Role in Joint Shape Morphogenesis" at the "pre-ORS", the 21st Annual Symposium on Computational Methods in Orthopaedic Biomechanics.
- October 2012: Vikesh Chandaria (Mres student) is welcomed to the Developmental Biomechanics Lab!
- September 2012: Mario and Niamh both presented talks at Bioengineering 12, held in Oxford from 6-7th September. Mario's talk was entitled "Influence of Mechanical Forces on Joint Morphogenesis" and Niamh's talk was entitled "Prenatal Movements are Essential for Normal Joint Morphogenesis". See here for the meeting page.
- Mar 2012: Niamh was part of the winning team at the Imperial College Big Science Pub Quiz! See here for the Imperial College 'Reporter' feature on the quiz, and check out a photo of the winning team here.
- Mar 2012: The Developmental Biomechanics Lab webpage has gone live!