Symposia/Sessions Chaired at Scientific Conferences
- American Academy of Nanomedicine (AANM)
- Chair, Symposium on Applications to Cardiovascular Medicine, Second Annual AANM Meeting, National Academy of Sciences, Washington DC
- American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE)
- Vice-chair, Session titled "New Techniques in Bioengineering", Annual AIChE Meeting, November 1996, Chicago
- Chair, Session in the Topical Conference on Biomaterials, titled "Cell adhesion-specific biomaterials", November 1997, Los Angeles.
- Chair, Session on "Tissue Engineering", November 1998, Miami Beach.
- Co-chair, Session "Advances in Tissue Engineering", AIChE Meeting, Nov. 1999, Dallas, TX.
- Chair, Session entitled "Advances in Tissue Engineering", AIChE Meeting, Nov. 2000, Los Angeles, CA.
- U.S. Biomedical Engineering Society (BMES)
- Chair, Session titled "Engineered Structure-Function Relations in Soft Tissue Analogs", 28th Annual BMES meeting, October 1996, Penn. State University, PA.
- Chair, Session on "Tissue Engineering (Organogenesis)", at 28th Annual BMES meeting, October 1997, University of California, San Diego, CA.
- Chair, Session on "Surface Modification and Characterization", at 29th Annual BMES meeting, October 1998, Case Western Reserve Univ./Cleveland Hospitals, OH.
- Chair, Session on "Tissue Engineering of Liver", at 29th Annual BMES meeting, October 1998, Case Western Reserve Univ./Cleveland Hospitals, OH.
- Chair, Session entitled "Tissue Engineering of Metabolic Organs," BMES Annual Meeting, Oct. 2000, Seattle, WA.
- Co-chair, Session entitled "Cell-Biomaterials Interactions, BMES Annual Meeting, Oct. 2000, Seattle, WA.
- Summer Bioengineering Conference (ASME/AIChE/ASCE/BMES)
- Chair, Session entitled "Tissue Engineering - Biomaterials Issues", July 1997, Sun River, OR.
- Society for Biomaterials
- Chair, Session entitled "Cell and Protein Interaction with Biomaterial Surfaces", SB Annual Meeting, April 1999, Providence, RI.
- Materials Research Society (MRS)
- Chair, Symposium on Cell-Interactive Materials, MRS Annual Meeting, Boston, MA, December 2005
- Federation of American Society of Experimental Biology (FASEB)
- Chair, Session entitled "Cellular Interactions with Tissue Analogs and Biomaterials", FASEB Annual Meeting, April 1997, New Orleans, LA.
- Chair, Symposium on "Tissue Engineering", FASEB Meeting, April 1997, New Orleans, LA.
- Spring 2007, 2008, 2009 Introduction to Transport Phenomena II (Mass & Energy Transport; Core CBE Course; Junior Year)
- Fall 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009 Biointerfacial Characterization (Graduate IGERT Core Course)
- Fall 2001, 2002, 2003 Biomedical Transport Phenomena (Junior Year; Core BME Course)
- Spring 1999, 2000, 2001 Introduction to Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics (Junior Year; Core CBE Course)
- Fall 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998 Introduction to Biochemical Engineering (Senior Year; Core CBE course/BME elective)
- Spring 1996, 1997, 1998, 2004, 2005 Advanced Transport Phenomena (Core Graduate)
- Fall 1998, 1999, 2000 Biomaterials Characterization for Tissue Engineering (Core Graduate, Biomedical Engineering) / Topics in Biochemical Engineering
- Spring 1996 Bioseparations (Graduate; Co-taught with Pedersen and Buettner)
- 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001 Faculty Organizor, Merck Distinguished Lecture Series, Rutgers
- 1996, 1997, 1998 Faculty Coordinator , Graduate Student Seminars
- Spring 1997 Co-instructor, Biodegradable Polymers in Medical Applications (Short Course Organized by the American Chemical Society and Bell Laboratories)
- Mass and Heat Transport (CBE Junior Course) 155:304
- Biointerfacial Characterization (Graduate IGERT Course) 125:583
- Introduction to Biochemical Engineering (Senior Year) 155:411
- Advanced Transport Phenomena (Graduate Core) 155: 502
- Biomaterials Characterization in Tissue Engineering / Topics in Biochemical Engineering) (Graduate Core in BME) 125:553 or 155:532
- Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics(Undergraduate ChE Core) 155:308
- Biomedical Transport Phenomena (Undergraduate BME Core) 125:303 or 155:303