McClean: Bacterial Glycerol 65%
Use this solution for freezing down E. coli bacterial stocks. The desired final solution is:
- 65% glycerol (vol/vol)
- 0.1 M MgSO4
- 0.025 M Tris-Cl pH 8
- Glycerol (Fisher BP229)
- MgSO4 1M Stock Solution (Fisher M65; 120.366g/L)
- 1M Tris-HCl, pH'd with NaOH to pH 8
- 52 ml glycerol
- 8 ml 1M MgSO4 solution
- 2 ml 1M Tris-HCl
Add sterile H2O to 80 ml total volume. Autoclave on 30 min liquid cycle.
Please feel free to post comments, questions, or improvements to this protocol. Happy to have your input!
- List troubleshooting tips here.
- You can also link to FAQs/tips provided by other sources such as the manufacturer or other websites.
- Anecdotal observations that might be of use to others can also be posted here.
Please sign your name to your note by adding '''*~~~~''': to the beginning of your tip.
- Megan N McClean 14:01, 20 July 2011 (EDT)
or instead, discuss this protocol.