This is a basic guide to setting up the smartstat/ministat and getting it to steady state.
Make sure the following tubes are connected:
- Effluent tube with female quick connect.
- Aeration tube with small air filter, quick connect side away from vessel.
- Media in tube with peristaltic pump tubing appropriate to your pump and male quick connect at the end of the tube.
- Inoculation port tube with plastic tubing clamp at the end of a very small length of tubing.
- Vacuum tube with small air filter.
- Media tube connected to metal rod reaching down to the bottom of the vessel with tubing at bottom. Male quick connect at the end of the media tube.
- Media filtration tube with short length of tubing and connection for sterile vacuum filter.
- Tape rubber stopper securely with electrical tape several times around prior to use. Vessel will be under pressure.
- Sort length of tubing on Erlenmeyer with side port.
- Rubber stopper with male quick connect stuck into top.
- Tape down stopper with electrical tape prior to use as vessel will be under pressure.