LB agar media
- Bacto tryptone
- Bacto yeast extract
- Bacto Agar
- Begin with approximately 800mls of MiliQ water
- Weigh out and add ingredients with constant stirring:
- Bacto tryptone 10g
- Bacto yeast extract 5g
- NaCl 5g
- Bacto Agar 15g
- Bring up to 1000mls with MiliQ water
- Separate into two 1L bottoles of 500mls each
Please feel free to post comments, questions, or improvements to this protocol. Happy to have your input!
- List troubleshooting tips here.
- You can also link to FAQs/tips provided by other sources such as the manufacturer or other websites.
- Anecdotal observations that might be of use to others can also be posted here.
Please sign your name to your note by adding '''*~~~~''': to the beginning of your tip.
*Megan N McClean 13:24, 2 July 2015 (EDT) Many LB formulations call for twice as much NaCl (10g instead of 5g in this protocol).
- Who has experience with this protocol?
or instead, discuss this protocol.