Lissa1:Pour Agarose Gel
- Get the 1% agarose out of the warmer.
- Get a small flask. Flame the bottom of it.
- Pour around 50 mL of agarose in to the flask.
- Go in to the gel room. Add 2 uL of ethidium bromide to your flask, using new gloves, and the pipettes in the gel room.
- Pour your gel in to its mold.
- Put in the comb that you need.
- Load your samples.
- Preparing samples:
- Put 4 uL dots of 1x loading buffer on parafilm.
- Add 200 ng of DNA to each dot (works out around 4 uL usually), except for a ladder - add only 1 uL of the ladder.
- Load samples in to gel.
- Run gel at 85 V.
- Image gel!