Michael Wilson, PhD
Cancer Research UK
Cambridge Research Institute
Comparative genomics and evolution
- Evolution of transcription factor binding
- Genomics regions associated with duplications, insertions, deletions and disease
- 7q11 William-Beuren syndrome
- 7q22 Acute myeloid leukemia
- Paired immunoglobulin like receptors
- Segmental duplications
- Alternative splicing
Using mouse genetics and embryonic stem cells to investigate the function of novel genes
- Zonadhesin -- Zonadhesin is a novel gene that is under positive selection and is hypothesized to play a role in the species specific recognition of sperm and egg in mammals (In collaboration with Daniel Hardy and Andras Nagy)
- Ars2 -- Ars2 was first discovered by others as a gene that conferred arsenite resistance to an arsenite sensitive cell line. We characterized this gene in humans and mice and are currently studying the phenotype of Ars2 mutants. This is in collaboration with Andras Nagy, Perry Howard, Robert Burke and Diana Wang.
- Gnrhr -- This is a collaboration with Dr. Nancy Sherwood and Sheng Wu.
- Achi -- A novel gene embedded in Ache (In collaboration with Corrinne Lobe, more information coming soon).
PhD, University of Victoria, October 2005
B.Sc., University of Victoria. My undergraduate degree was in Biochemistry and Hispanic studies.
Error fetching PMID 16926269:
Error fetching PMID 16303057:
Error fetching PMID 12914656:
Error fetching PMID 12877756:
Error fetching PMID 12719377:
Error fetching PMID 12690205:
Error fetching PMID 11929860:
Error fetching PMID 11746756:
Error fetching PMID 11239002:
Error fetching PMID 11003705: