IGEM:UNAM Genomics Mexico/2009/Notebook/Wifi coli/2010/06/14
|iGEM Project name 1|| Main project page|
Previous entry Next entry
Wet Lab Meeting
Done this week
Goals for the week
2. Ask Claudia to talk to Alberto Soria and ask him for the cameras to make the Vibrio Fischeri luminiscence assay.
3. Usage of the BioBrick Promoter Measurement Kit to test the Blue Promoter. First, the promoter must have EcoRI and SpeI sticky ends, a GFP reporter with XbaI and PstI sticky ends and a backbone plasmid pSB3K3 with EcoRI and PstI sticky ends.
4. Ligation of the three parts (Blue Promoter, GFP reporter and Backbone plasmid).
5. Re-plate available FP's in LB medium (solid or liquid??) to make the fluorescence assay. The transfomation with the YFP reporter, will be used for fluorescence assay too. The transformation with GFP reporter and with the backbone plasmid will be inoculated in solid and liquid medium to make plasmid extraction. With
the extracted plasmid, there will be necessity for restrictions and ligations of them with the Blue Promoter to test its functionality.
2. Ligate it into a plasmid with a constitutive promoter.
3. Ligate it into a plasmid for the mutation.
2. If competent cells are done for Wednesday, transformation of Cph8 (chromofore that receives red) with pcyA+Ho1, also pcyA+Ho1, Cph8.
3. Extract luxAB from Vibrio Fischeri MY11.
2. PCR for the trpL + plasmid promoter.
3. Ligate GFP + inverter CI.