Results from Yesterday's Transformations
Passed antibiotic resistance test- only grows on AMP/TET
Very few colonies- Maybe 3
Course of Action
1. Colony PCR J45170.J45320s and J45800 hopefuls- DONE
2. Miniprep LCs of R0040.E0840, osmYShort.E0840, and osmYFull.inverter.E0840- DONE
3. LC J45170.J45320, J45800, osmYShort.inverter.E0840, osmYFFull.E0840- DONE
4. Make plates- DONE
5. Check sequencing (results will not be available until later tonight)
6. Respond to Jason in the GC lab- DONE (MEETING AT 2 PM ON MONDAY TO LEARN HOW TO USE THE MACHINE)
7. Smell IK cells- SMELL GREAT TO ME- DONE
8. Update google doc- DONE
9. Make a list of needed submissions and resubmissions to the Registry- DONE
List of Needed Submissions to the Registry
Cells in the Registry have a mix of plasmids. We isolated a colony with just J45120 and have a glycerol available.
The J45180 in the Registry is merely osmY + inverter - R0040. We have another glycerol containing the correct J45180, osmYQ119B.
J45700 & J45900 (Constitutive Banana)
The J45700 in the Registry is merely J45320. After an antibiotic test and an analysis using the GC, we can submit these parts.
J45600 & J45800
We are in the process of building/verifying.
J45995, J45996, J45997, & J45998
Cells glyceroled and verified via sequencing and antibiotic test
We have a glycerol of these in our fridge. The entry in the Registry most likely contains a plasmid since it is chloramphenicol AND ampicillin resistant.