- There were transformants from yesterday's transformation
James celebrates apparent success
- After Biobrick PCR the gel showed short fragments, suggesting self ligation of the vector.
Ellis realises the sad truth
- Repeated digest and ligation protocol from the weekend, with EcoR1 and Pst1 instead of Xba1 and Spe.
- Extracted two GFP-only sequences (J04630 and I714062) from the registry, for use as reporters for osmY.
- PCR on these and the RBS B0030. Ran E-gel to check PCR.
- Cut osmY plasmid with Spe, and RBS B0030 with Xba, and ligated the two.
- Transformed cells with this construct. Then realised this was silly.