- Interesting Papers go here.
Here's an interesting article about regulating bacterial division's circadian clock:
- Place and expand upon the most promising ideas here.
All Brainstorm Ideas
PhytoEstrogen Scarfing E coli
- Engineer gut E. coli to produce proteins which bind preferentially to estrogen, causing it to not be digested.
- Solution to the increase in excess estrogen from vegetarian/vegan diets, soy, and water bottles
Peanut Allergen Detection Protein
- Synthetically design a protein that can recognize and report detection of a peanut (or other common food allergy) allergen.
- This has apparently already been done, and is marketed to large scale food producers (cite missing; Julius?)
Genetically modified lettuce
- Done in Japan, multiple places
- Add whey protein, p1025 to fight cavities, etc
- (Carrots, tomatoes, potatoes, petunias, cabbage?)
Bacterial Shampoo / Soap
Induce an entire colony to retract together
Cholesterol / Saturated Fats Scarfing or Digestion
- Modify E-Coli so that it produces either
- Enzymes that digest Cholesterol or Saturated Fats to something healthier, or
- Proteins that bind to Cholesterol or Saturated Fats so that they can't be absorbed
Induced cancer-based guided evolution
- I was not there for the discussion of this, so someone else should fill this in.
- However, I did find something called Ti, or a tumor inducing plasmid. The article can be found here.
- Plasmid that can induce cancer, causing mutations
- Select for those that most strongly express desired mechanism
- Alternative to PCR-induced guided mutation