840:153g:Projects/project17/2011/11/10

From OpenWetWare

Jump to: navigation, search

Today we isolated the plasmids containing our promoter parts out of the bacteria that we cultured in liquid media yesterday. We used the GeneJET Plasmid MiniPrep Kit protocol and got 100 microliters of elution for each promoter part. We ran 5 microliters of each plasmid and a 100 bp ladder on a gel to check for DNA (successful isolation). We had bright bands for all of our plasmids so now we are ready to move on to digestion of the plasmids and also our plant gene to prepare them for ligation.

Personal tools