20.109(F13): old announcements
Back to current announcements.
- Agi will hold an extra hour tomorrow (Thursday, 10/10 from 5-6pm in 16-336) and Shannon will have an extra office hour tonight (Wednesday, 10/9 from 7-8pm in the lab). Shannon
- A few cosmetic changes (grammar/links) have been made to the data summary assignment description. One additional useful prompt has been added as well, in purple text. PS Remember to attend Bevin's office hours a 2 pm! AgiStachowiak 13:31, 7 October 2013 (EDT)
- Reminder: Both Shannon and Agi have OH today (Sunday) -- hope to see many of you there!
- A variety of OH announcements:
- Monday, 2-2:45pm in 16-220, Prof. Engelward will take over Shannon's OH and help us to understand/interpret/be excited about the data from M1D7.
- Shannon will have OH on Sunday, 10/6 from 6-7:30pm in the lab & normal Monday OH from 7-8pm in the lab
- Agi will have OH on Sunday 2-3:30pm in 16-336 & normal Tuesday OH from 4-5pm in her office
- Reminder to check out Leslie's user page to reference her presentations. And don't forget the BE Writing Fellows are available for consultation.
- The M1D7 protocol content is now up to date. So excited to see your results tomorrow and Friday! AgiStachowiak 20:38, 2 October 2013 (EDT)
- The M1D6 protocol content is now up to date. It is possible that the language will be tweaked before tomorrow. We instructors had a lot of fun deciding what experiments would be most interesting for you to perform this year -- hope you enjoy! AgiStachowiak 16:56, 30 September 2013 (EDT)
- Just a reminder also that we do have a quiz on M1D6. Remember that morning lecture material that was covered previously is fair game.
- Digests and lane annotations for both sections are now up on the M1D5 Talk page. Thank you, Lizzie! AgiStachowiak 21:56, 29 September 2013 (EDT)
- T/R digests are posted on the M1D5 Talk page along with a note that you should read. W/F folks, your gels should be posted late tomorrow or early Monday -- in the meantime, please post your colony counts. Thanks! AgiStachowiak 18:45, 28 September 2013 (EDT)
- Reminder: Agi has office hours from 4-5 pm in 16-319 today. AgiStachowiak 16:14, 24 September 2013 (EDT)
- Reminder: no lecture today! AgiStachowiak 09:53, 24 September 2013 (EDT)
- All: Here are the Hallmarks of Cancer papers that Prof. Engelward spoke about on Tuesday Weinberg & Hanahan 2000 and Weinberg & Hanahan 2011. As she suggested, the first paper would be a great place to start. I will also be referring to these papers in Module 2. Shannon
- You can find old announcements here
- W/F folks: Lizzie has posted your recovery gel on the M1D3 "talk" page. A couple of bands are faint, but all are clearly visible -- so you should all be good to go forward with ligations (and the FNT)! AgiStachowiak 09:11, 19 September 2013 (EDT)
- Shannon will hold office hours on Mondays 2-3pm in 16-429b and 7-8pm in 56-322 starting 9/23/13.
- The recovery gels for the T/R section have been posted on the M1D3 talk page. There are some notes along with them, please let me know if you have any questions! Shannon
- A few minor changes have been made to the M1D3 protocol - please update your notebooks if you have already started preparing them. (See the wiki "history" page to highlight changes if you like. All four sections have some changes.) AgiStachowiak 11:41, 16 September 2013 (EDT)
- The wording of the M1D1 FNT, problem #2, has been clarified.
- A few minor changes have been made to the digestion section of the M1D2 protocol - please update your notebooks if you have already started preparing them. (See the wiki "history" page to highlight changes if you like.) Also, we will be posting an updated map of pCX-NNX sometime before our next class, so keep an eye out tomorrow to see that you are using the right version. Here we are, really starting our first research project together! AgiStachowiak 16:24, 11 September 2013 (EDT)