From OpenWetWareJump to navigationJump to search
- Active Fus3 appears to bind active Gpa1. Metodiev et al. 2002 PMID 12029138
- His-tagged Gpa1 expressed and purified from E. coli is able to pull Fus3-Myc out of cell lysates of pheromone treated cells.
- His-tagged Gpa1 expressed and purified from E. coli fails to pull Fus3-Myc out of cell lysates of cells that were not exposed to pheromone.
- Gpa1 contains a putative MAPK-binding sequence at residues 21-33.
- Mutation of the putative MAPK-binding sequence in Gpa1 (K21E R22E) reduces the mating efficiency to 1/15th of WT efficiency. Metodiev et al. 2002 PMID 12029138
- Gpa1(K21E R22E) results in wild-type Fus3-GFP localization in the absence of pheromone, and higher than normal nuclear localization upon pheromone treatment. Blackwell et al. 2003 PMID 12556475
Since the purpose and mechanism of this interaction is not understood, we will omit it from the model.