User:TheJosh/Scripts/New Page Patroller
- See also Wikipedia:New pages patrol
Adds a box in the sidebar that uses AJAX to update a list of new pages every 5 seconds.
You can enable or disable it using the provided link. The default is for the box to be disabled. The setting is stored in a session cookie (setting is lost when you close your browser). The cookie is called 'npp_show_box'.
This works really well with WP:TW which has tabs for things like speedy delete.
Thanks to Bradv for his code for making the lines yellow if they have not been patrolled yet.
Thanks to Alex Smotrov for pointing out the issue with idle time requests.
View the source. Its probably rather shocking... User:TheJosh/Scripts/NewPagePatrol.js
This box has three settings. To use a setting, place the setting variable underneath the importScript line.
- The default behavior of the box (enabled or disabled) if no cookie is set
- Possible values:
npp_enabled = true;To make the box show by default
- The number of pages to show in the box
- Possible values: Any number between 1 and 50
npp_num_pages = 5;To make the box show 5 links at a time
- The refresh rate of the box, in seconds. Decimals allowed
- Possible values: Any number above 2 (to not put too much strain on the servers)
npp_refresh = 10;To make the box refresh every 10 seconds.
- The number of requests that will be made by the box before it is automatically disabled.
- The idle timeout is the refresh rate * the max requests.
- Possible values: Any number between 5 and 1000
npp_num_idle_req = 120;To make the box be disabled after 120 requests. (10 mins with a
npp_refresh = 5)
This script has been known to work on:
Other versions of these browsers, or in fact other browsers may work, as long as the browser supports AJAX.
I have only tested it on the default Monobook skin.
Thanks to jonny-mt for the Camino test.
You can also use this box if you want: