Study the affects of microwaving on gold nanoparticle formation.
- Mix 500μL 2.5mM chloroauric acid with 500μL 15.5μM BSA with 4mL of distilled water.
- Microwave at 300W at 80°C for 15 min. Observe particle formation.
- Microwave at 300W at 80°C for another 15 min. Observe particle formation.
- After 15 minutes it was observed that there were small purple protein fibers stuck to the side of the tube.
- After the next 15 minutes (30 minutes total) the results looked about the same as after the first 15 minutes.
- A picture of the tube after the complete 30 minutes: