- Conduct Bradford Analysis between 1 μM Proteinase K and AuNP fibers
The detailed protocol can be found in this notebook entry by Dr. Hartings.
- AuNP Fibers Preparation
- 7 eppendorf tubes with AuNP were centrifuged at 1500RPM for 1 min.
- Their supernatant was aspirated
- Protinase K 1 μM Preparation
- (0.00087g)(1mol/28900g)(1/0.001L)=30.1040 μM Proteinase K
- M1V1 = M2V2 => (30.1040 μM)*(V1) = (1μM)*(1mL) => V1 = 0.0332mL = 33.2 μl Proteinase K (966.8 μl of buffer needed to add to make 1mL).
- 7 samples were incubated in a 37°C shaking water bath for 10 minutes, 15 minutes, 30 minutes, 45 minutes, 1 hrs, 1.5 hrs, and 2 hrs each.
- Bradford Analysis
- At each time point, the samples were taken out of the water bath and centrifuged at 13500 RPM for 1 minute.
- 750 μL of each sample was placed in a plastic cuvette with 600 μL of pre-mixed Bradford dilution and 1650 μL of buffer.
- Samples were run from 400nm to 800nm on UV-Vis.
- Blanks for this Proteinase K concentration were created and analyzed the next day.