Characterization B: Expression of PHIX174 promoters fused to UTR1-deGFP.
- Characterization C showed no colonies after transformation. Therefore, I decided to characterize all linkers and backbones for those constructs as well as the UTR1-deGFP constructs via quantifluore DNA quantification. Results were as follows:
- SphI-PA-NheI linker = 23 nM
- SphI-PB-NheI linker = 7 nM
- SphI-PD-NheI linker = 18 nM
- SphI-PF-NheI linker = 24 nM
- SphI-PG-NheI linker = 10 nM
- SphI-PL-NheI linker = 11 nM
- SphI-PLPA-NheI linker = 4 nM
- pBEST-SphI//NheI-UTR1-deGFP-T500 backbone = 2 nM
- * The backbone is at expected 2 nM concentration but is needed at ~10 nM concentration, so to obtain a proper ligation with 1:100 backbone to linker concentration, the volume of backbone needs to be increased by a factor of 5 in ligation, i.e., 2.5 μL backbone and 5 μL reconstucted linkers.
- The backbone is at expected ~10 nM concentration, so I kept it for use in the next ligation.
Characterization C: Expression of PHIX174 promoters fused to UTRX-deGFP.
- There were no colonies after transformation. Therefore, I decided to characterize all linkers and backbones for those constructs as well as the UTR1-deGFP constructs via quantifluore DNA quantification. Results were as follows:
- SphI-null-NcoI linker = 73 nM
- SphI-PA-UTRA-NcoI linker = 46 nM
- SphI-PB-UTRB-NcoI linker = 37 nM
- SphI-PD-UTRD-NcoI linker = 66 nM
- SphI-PF-UTRF-NcoI linker = 66 nM
- SphI-PG-UTRG-NcoI linker = 139 nM
- SphI-PL-UTRL-NcoI linker = 87 nM
- SphI-PLPA-UTRA-NcoI raw PCR product = 166 nM
- pBEST-SphI//NcoI-deGFP-T500 backbone = 10 nM
- All of the linkers are ~100 nM, which is what is expected for proper ligation.
- The backbone is at expected 10 nM concentration, so I performed ligation with 0.5 μL backbone and 5 μL linkers to obtain the proper 1:100 ratio, respectively.
- I accidentally digested and then PCR purified the SphI-PLPA-UTRA-NheI raw PCR product with SphI and NheI, so this PCR will have to be repeated, since I needed to have digested with *NcoI*, NOT NheI.
Hypothesis 2: Gene L is necessary for phage propagation.
- Need to design new primers (regular and mutagenic) for amplifying PHIX174 genome.
Recently Edited Notebook Pages
Extension:DynamicPageList (DPL), version 3.1.1: Warning: No results.
- SC 19:09, 27 June 2012 (EDT):