| PHIX174 Cell Free Expression
||Main project page|
Previous entry Next entry
Cell Free Expression of PHIX174: June 20, 2012
SC 21:03, 19 June 2012 (EDT):
Characterization B: Expression of PHIX174 promoters fused to UTR1-deGFP.
- Following yesterday's ligation to (hopefully) form pBAD-PA-UTR1-deGFP-T500, I transformed 3 μL ligation product into JM109 competent cells and incubated overnight.
Characterization C: Expression of PHIX174 promoters fused to UTRX-deGFP.
- The oligonucleotides for creating PX-UTRX linkers were received today. The file specifying their construction is here.
- For B, G, L, and "PL-L-PA", I performed standard PCR using PHIX174 genomic DNA as template, TH = 58 °C, and 30 s elongation time. Linkers will be created tomorrow upon digestion and gel extraction of the PCR products with SphI and NcoI.
- On that note, tomorrow I'll have to digest pBEST-... in parallel to obtain pBEST-SphI//NcoI-deGFP-T500 vector backbone.
Hypothesis 2: Gene L is necessary for phage propagation.
- I ran yesterday's QuickchangeII whole plasmid PCR products on a gel. Results were as follows:
- DNAP- Control: no band observed (nothing expected)
- pWhitescript 4.5kb control plasmid: X observed (4.5kb ccDNA expected)
|colspan="2" style="background-color: #F2F2F2;"|
Recently Edited Notebook Pages
Extension:DynamicPageList (DPL), version 3.1.1: Warning: No results.