User:Saroj Pandey/Notebook/SNP PCR optimization/2014/09/17
|Project name||Main project page|
gDNA extraction from buccal cavity
1. A taster and a non-taster of the compound phenylthiocarbamide (PTC) was identified by tasting papers dipped in PTC solution.
2. Cell suspension from both the taster and the non-taster was collected by mouthwash with 0.9% NaCl solution.
3. The cell suspension was centrifuged at 5000 rpm for 20 minutes. [In the first place, centrifuge needed to be carried out at 12000 rpm for 5 minutes but as the larger centrifuge had the max speed of only 5000 rpm, centrifuge was done for longer time]
4. Supernatant was discarded and the pellet was mixed with 2 ml 0.9% NaCl solution.
5. The suspension was centrifuged at 12000 rpm for 4 minutes.
6. Supernatant was discarded and the pellet was stored.
• DNA extraction was carried out using Bioron Tissue DNA kit
• Taster : 58.3 ng/µl [260:280 = 1.77]
• Non-taster: 25.7 ng/µl [260:280 = 1.74]