Analyze results from 02/02/16 reactions (77 reactions), plan new reaction set for AgNP and AuNP formation with SPI, WPI, casein, pea protein, and brown rice protein. Record UVVis Spectra on successful NP reactions from 02/02/16.
- Used same nutritional proteins on 02/02/16
- Ocean Optics UV Vis was used to record UVVIS Spectra of Casein AgNPs. The other machine broke and is unusable.
- Integration time= 10ms and Average =100.
- A water blank in the same quartz cuvette was subtracted from the spectra before running any samples.
- Picture is shown on 02/02/16 page.
Devised reaction set up to be prepared and ran on 02/02/16, not enough time today.
- Reducing stock protein concentrations (and thus concentrations in reaction mix) to increase metal/protein ratio to spur NP formation as we saw protein aggregate and nanofiber formation in previous reactions
- Hold protein volume and thus concentration) constant and change fructose concentration (reducing agent)
- Detailed Reaction Setup: SRB Lab Notebook Data for this entry's date