- Plan the syntheses for the semester.
- Make a list of all of the chemicals that will be used.
- Synthesize citrate gold nanoparticles.
- 5mL of 1% weight HAuCl4 was made in water
- 5mL of 38.8mM Sodium Citrate was made in water
- 90mL of water placed in a 100 mL volumetric flask with magnetic stirring
- 1mL of HAuCl4 solution added and heated until it reached 90 degrees Celsius.
- 2mL of Sodium Citrate solution added and stirred to which the solution went from clear, black, to a deep red/purple
- For 38.8M Sodium Citrate:
0.0388M = n/0.01L
.000388*258.06g/mol = 0.100g
m=0.0500g for 5mL of water
Samples were conserved in a falcon tube, accounting for light, and left for testing for next week.