Try mixing sodium montmorilloniet into the PVA.
- Use 1/2 mL gluteraldehyde mixed into the ethyl acetate.
- Same set up as previous day
- Lots of clogging and stalling today.
- We then tried the previous method from two years ago by dropping PVA with clay directly into ethyl acetate bath then adding gluteraldehyde to crosslink.
- Used 0.1 M NaHCO3 to quench reaction.
- PVA with clay was clumping together and not forming uniform small beads, so once gluteraldehyde was added it made one pig particle.
- Tried 22,000 molecular weight PVA and tried to drop that into ethyl acetate, but that was congregating into the middle of dish as well.