User:Paul Rothenberg/Notebook/Pauls Notebook/2014/06/19

From OpenWetWare
Jump to: navigation, search
Owwnotebook icon.png Project name Report.pngMain project page
Resultset previous.pngPrevious entry      Next entryResultset next.png

Synthesis of Mn-Mb

After letting the two apoprotein solutions run in dialysis overnight, we ran a quick UV-VIS spectrum of both to ensure that we didn't lose any product.

Results of Apoprotein Dialysis

Andrew has the data from this. Here's his notebook for the full data workup. We still lost protein through dialysis, so we will try running the apoprotein through a desalting column with Tris pH 7.2 buffer.


Extraction

We followed the same procedure, but added 1 M HCl in 10 µL aliquots and tested the pH each time. It took about 2 mL of acid to drop the pH to 2.5.