QUESTIONS FOR ADVISORS
- Are we supposed to build a database?- what is the use of us doing this from scratch when there are models available!
- feedback- MIT database, inaccessible, not bad!- Improve querying/not redesign?
- Composite parts: Sum of individual parts!!
- What is wrong with the way that the registry is using DAS?
- Comparing to other points/ is the wrong part that the registry doesn't let you access external sources?
- Ask about the API links (XML)- list of entry points, others dont work!
- What they want us to do in general1
- MIT ID= limited to MIT
- DAS queries- not universal
- Creating a biobrick part- get seq from external source and put in registry, loosing all info from external source.
- We want to t retrieve that info by creating some sort of "link"
- Biobrick ID= only registry
- Only way to link to external servers- through the sequence!
- WHY BIOSQL!?- USE THE TEMPLATE!
FEEDBACK FROM GERAINT
- tomcat server- flex. type in url- go to tomcat, etc. (?)
--flash objs in flex, put in tomcat. jsp mydb.jsp.
- how big database?¿
--few 1000 entries? bss server/web?
dazzle- fits into tomcat somewheereee
-"BLAST-IN, BLAST OUT!!"
- STEP1: Build a database "TOY"- parts registry- parser- get info out- plug into SQL (bio/not)?--- design a schema!
- Use the schema that the registry has- biojade schema. ?
- STEP2: Querying? How to get info out?
- GUI- Send queries to the server.
- AIMS- BUILD A TOY DATABASE- SQL/MYSQL- SCHEMA?
DECIDE ON AIMS FOR TOMORROW