User:Nelson Augusto Berrocal/Notebook/WiFi Coli 2010 Wet Lab/2010/06/29

From OpenWetWare
Jump to: navigation, search
Owwnotebook icon.png Project name Report.pngMain project page
Resultset previous.pngPrevious entry      Next entryResultset next.png

<!-- sibboleth --><div id="lncal1" style="border:0px;"><div style="display:none;" id="id">lncal1</div><div style="display:none;" id="dtext"></div><div style="display:none;" id="page">User:Nelson Augusto Berrocal/Notebook/WiFi Coli 2010 Wet Lab/2010/06/29</div><div style="display:none;" id="fmt">yyyy/MM/dd</div><div style="display:none;" id="css">OWWNB</div><div style="display:none;" id="month"></div><div style="display:none;" id="year"></div><div style="display:none;" id="readonly">Y</div></div>

Igem-logo-150px.png <sitesearch label="Search Lab Notebook" title="IGEM:HelpU/2008/Notebook/Project_name1">title=Search this Project</sitesearch>

Customize your entry pages Help.png

June 29th, 2010

Because the transformations I made yesterday didn't work we thought that maybe we could have a problem with the plasmid backbones that we were using so we decided to extract them again from other petri boxes with bacteria carrying the plasmids we wanted to obtain, those plasmids were:
Plasmid 18 because we thought that there could be an issue with plasmid 17 because other transformations using plasmid plasmid 17 didn't work either; plasmid 18 has tetracycline resistance.
Plasmid J61002 with J23106 constitutive promoter, this plasmid carries Ampicillin resistance.
I grew plasmid 18 during 6h and plasmid J61002 overnight (becuase it takes too much time to grow) in 4ml of liquid LB medium with 2.5μL of the proper antibiotic and then I extracted the plasmid with High Pure Plasmid Purification Kit by Roche.