User:Nelson Augusto Berrocal/Notebook/WiFi Coli 2010 Wet Lab/2010/06/24

From OpenWetWare
Jump to: navigation, search
Owwnotebook icon.png Project name Report.pngMain project page
Resultset previous.pngPrevious entry      Next entryResultset next.png

<!-- sibboleth --><div id="lncal1" style="border:0px;"><div style="display:none;" id="id">lncal1</div><div style="display:none;" id="dtext">06/25/2010</div><div style="display:none;" id="page">User:Nelson Augusto Berrocal/Notebook/WiFi Coli 2010 Wet Lab/2010/06/24</div><div style="display:none;" id="fmt">yyyy/MM/dd</div><div style="display:none;" id="css">OWWNB</div><div style="display:none;" id="month"></div><div style="display:none;" id="year"></div><div style="display:none;" id="readonly">Y</div></div>

Igem-logo-150px.png <sitesearch label="Search Lab Notebook" title="IGEM:HelpU/2008/Notebook/Project_name1">title=Search this Project</sitesearch>

Customize your entry pages Help.png

June 24th, 2010

I purified the PCR product I obtained yesterday containing LuxAB with High Pure PCR product Purification Kit by Roche. Then I made an agarose gel to get sure that I didn't lose the PCR product during the purification.
The gel looked hazy but the PCR product was there.

Then I made the following restrictions:

LuxAB obtained from PCR prodcut with XbaI and PstI

Plasmid 17 with RFP with XbaI and PstI

Plasmido with constitutive promoter (J23106) SpeI and PstI


I also searched for protocols to use decanal for luminescence tests:
50μL bacterial culture they add:
aliquots: 20μL decanal (a range of different concentrations from 2.5 to 17.4mM in 1:1 distilled water - methanol)

aliquot: 500μL (13.2μM decanal, 1% ethanol)

Then I inactivated restriction enzymes by a heat-shock (80°C during 20min) and I made an agarose gel 0.8% preparing ligation.