User:Nelson Augusto Berrocal/Notebook/WiFi Coli 2010 Wet Lab/2010/06/16

From OpenWetWare
Jump to: navigation, search
Owwnotebook icon.png Project name Report.pngMain project page
Resultset previous.pngPrevious entry      Next entryResultset next.png

A failed restriction I made a restriction with EcoRI and XBA1 in order to open the plasmid containing the biobrick BBa_B0015. The restriction protocol is the next one: 20μL DNA 4μL buffer 1μL each enzyme 1μL BSA 14μL water

Then I run an agarose gel with the plasmid and with the plasmid restrictions. The gel protocol is the next one: 1.5μL 1 μL 5 μL 4 μL

Then I added 50μL of Ethidium bromide.

In the end the gel didn't result; it showed weird things, two bands of 1 and 2kb instead the 3kb band that we expected